September 27, 2021 | WFTN-B Only Ride
- Meet in Orton Park, we roll out at 6pm sharp. If you want to socialize people start getting there around 5:45pm.
- It’s the last Monday of the month so that means it’s our WFTN-B (women, femme, trans and non-binary) only ride.
- We will ride the Lake Monona loop so it’s about 12 miles around. Party pacing it around 12mph on average. Depending on the how much day light we have we can stop along the lake at Esther Beach again if people would like.
- Be prepared. You are responsible for yourself. Bring a flat kit to change whatever type of wheels/tires you are riding (tube, tire levers, CO2/pump, tools to get your wheel off if not a quick release, etc). The days are getting shorter to bring lights as well.
- All WFTN-B riders are welcome no matter what type of bike you are riding, wear whatever you feel comfortable riding in but pretty please wear a helmet.
- Rad people, riding rad bikes, lets keep the good vibes going y’all! Can’t wait to see your beautiful faces on Monday!
Trek Cyclocross Cup Tailgate Shenanigans (Waterloo, WI)
Saturday, October, 9th 2021 at 8am
Let’s spend some time at the Trek CX Cup on 10/9 cheering and most importantly heckling the cyclists as they zip around the cross course. We will tailgate in the morning in one of the parking lots before bringing the Monday vibes to the sidelines. Bring beverages, some food, and good vibes. Let’s keep cross weird so costumes might be encouraged.
Fall Flocker Gravel Ride (Leaf River, IL)
Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 9am
Free gravel ride organized by some Illinois gravel grinders. This is the 4th annual Fall Flocker gravel ride that starts out in Leaf River, IL. There are 32, 50, and 60 mile route options available. Routes will be posted once it’s closer to the ride. Welcome to all levels of riders. This is self supported so be prepared to fix a flat, carry enough food and water with as well. Post ride shenanigans at a local restaurant/bar near the start/finish.
You do not need to ride with anyone in order to make your Monday 40 a success. Getting outside on a Monday is all that it takes. Forty miles not required, heck not even a bike is required. Just get out and get moving. We encourage you to get out for some miles and smiles. There will be a loosely organized ride each Monday with the last Monday of the month being our Femme only ride (WFTn-B).
Feel free to do your own thing as we all understand that life has other commitments and priorities and perhaps you’re not even located in Madison. Pick your activity, your route, get moving, smile along the way, take pictures, post on Strava, post on the Gram and tag @monday_40. We want to see and share your success.
If you choose to ride with the group we will meet at a location that is yet to be determined at a time that is yet to be determined. Details will be sent out on the Gram (@monday_40) with the time, meet up spot and expected miles. Faster riders are free to move on and ride at their own pace, we don’t need to stick to a group. We do not ride recklessly, blow through stop signs (Idaho stop is all good) or red lights. We are not in a race and we are not KOM hunting.
No douchebags please, this isn’t a race and dumb shit won’t be tolerated. Also, there is no mansplaining and that nonsense will be called out. We want to encourage people to ride, not scare them away with insecurities. No harassing other riders and if you make other people uncomfortable I reserve the right to tell you to get bent and leave. Please ride safely and respectful of pedestrians and drivers.
Remember, the mission is to just get outside and enjoy the Monday night no matter where you are located or what your skill level is.
Items to bring:
- Helmet (required)
- Lights (tail and headlight)
- Your smile
- Flat repair kit (spare tube, tire levers, CO2 or pump)
Here is a collection of some of the more common routes we ride.
What we do
- Encourage and empower each other to get moving and reach goals
- Look forward to our Mondays
- Welcome all riders and bikes
- Find peace in our days
- Share miles and smiles
- Spread the stoke
- Drink beverages, eat tacos
- Enjoy the scenery
- Smash the patriarchy!
*Ride at your own risk. Please be cautious and respectful of your fellow riders, pedestrians, and drivers. By attending the Monday 40 you take responsibility for yourself and can’t blame anyone for the outcome of your ride.