July 26th, 2021 : Femme Ride
- It’s the last Monday of the month therefore it’s our Femme ride, woot! Inclusive to WFTN-B riders (women, femme, trans, non-binary) only.
- Meet up location at Orton Park, roll out is at 6pm sharp, if you want to socialize before we’ll start getting there around 5:30ish
- We will ride the McFarland 20 route that we love to ride that takes us across the boardwalk on the Lower Yahara. Please be cautious of other people that may be on the boardwalk as it can sometimes get crowded.
- We will stop at McDaniel Park along Lake Waubesa for some hangs. I won’t have a sherpa to bring us anything so please bring your own beverages and snacks this time around.
- This will be a party pace ride averaging between 12-14mph. We will stop at major intersections to ensure we are together as a group still.
- Please be prepared. Bring a flat kit in case you get in a pickle. Include a spare tube, tire levers, something to fill with air (pump or CO2 cartridge). If your wheel is not a quick release and you need tools to get your tire off, bring that as well.
- Can’t wait to see your beautiful faces on Monday!
You do not need to ride with anyone in order to make your Monday 40 a success. Getting outside on a Monday is all that it takes. Forty miles not required, heck not even a bike is required. Just get out and get moving. We encourage you to get out for some miles and smiles. There will be a loosely organized ride each Monday with the last Monday of the month being our Femme only ride (WFTn-B).
Feel free to do your own thing as we all understand that life has other commitments and priorities and perhaps you’re not even located in Madison. Pick your activity, your route, get moving, smile along the way, take pictures, post on Strava, post on the Gram and tag @monday_40. We want to see and share your success.
If you choose to ride with the group we will meet at a location that is yet to be determined at a time that is yet to be determined. Details will be sent out on the Gram (@monday_40) with the time, meet up spot and expected miles. Faster riders are free to move on and ride at their own pace, we don’t need to stick to a group. We do not ride recklessly, blow through stop signs (Idaho stop is all good) or red lights. We are not in a race and we are not KOM hunting.
No douchebags please, this isn’t a race and dumb shit won’t be tolerated. Also, there is no mansplaining and that nonsense will be called out. We want to encourage people to ride, not scare them away with insecurities. No harassing other riders and if you make other people uncomfortable I reserve the right to tell you to get bent and leave. Please ride safely and respectful of pedestrians and drivers.
Remember, the mission is to just get outside and enjoy the Monday night no matter where you are located or what your skill level is.
Items to bring:
- Helmet (required)
- Lights (tail and headlight)
- Your smile
- Flat repair kit (spare tube, tire levers, CO2 or pump)
Here is a collection of some of the more common routes we ride.
What we do
- Encourage and empower each other to get moving and reach goals
- Look forward to our Mondays
- Welcome all riders and bikes
- Find peace in our days
- Share miles and smiles
- Spread the stoke
- Drink beverages, eat tacos
- Enjoy the scenery
- Smash the patriarchy!
*Ride at your own risk. Please be cautious and respectful of your fellow riders, pedestrians, and drivers. By attending the Monday 40 you take responsibility for yourself and can’t blame anyone for the outcome of your ride.